View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jul 2005
Default Multiple opened charts showing duplicate data

I have a spreadsheet which links to external data. I save multiple copies of this workbook with different data. When I open several of these workbooks to compare charts, they all look the same. If I close a workbook and then open another I can see the different data.

There is a security warning with the message "Automatic update of links has been disabled" at the top of the data. There is a button to enable content. If I click this button I get junk because the data source is no longer connected.

I have this issue with the '70 and now the '10 versions of excel. I have been using a computer with an older version of excel to look at the files, and while this works for now we will soon be upgrading that machine. In the older version I can open a folder and select several of these workbooks, and open them all at once. I can then look at the charts as I close each file. When I do this with office '10 I see several copies of the same data. I would like to be able to quickly glance over the charts and compare them, without having to open and close each one at a time.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Hemlock : March 26th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.