Thread: Chapter Misery
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2011

I have given up trying to set up things that way I want them. Instead I have accepted that chapter numbers have to be in h1 and am trying to work with this. I have put chapter numbers at the beginning of each of my document sections by inserting a blank line and then clicking on h1. I then went back and inserted section breaks so that I could get the page numbering set up. I had already set up page numbering to insert the chapter numbers and for the most part this works once I unlink the footers. Now I have a new problem. For each section the chapter numbers in the page numbering are correct with the exception of the first chapter. The first chapter is actually in the third section and the chapter number at the top of the page is correct (that is it shows as Chapter 1) but he page numbering in the footer displays 2-1. That is it thinks it is chapter 2. The table of contents also displays this page as 2-1.

Can anyone help me here? I have tried everything I can think of and am unable to fix this. Even if I manually type in the page number as 1-1 the table of contents still shows 2-1.

Frankly I am getting frustrated beyond belief.