View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Sep 2010

Interactive can mean so many different things but for lesson plans, it's a great idea to provide students with material that they can interact with in a way that provides them with the ability to navigate a presenation in a non-linear manner.

You can of course manually add hyperlinks from one slide to another (or many others) in PowerPoint. But if you want to create a non-linear presentation with a tree or hierarchical structure, it can be very time consuming to do this manually, especially when you start having more than 10 slides since the number of links you need to manage is an exponential function of the number of slides.

One alternative is to use an add-in such as ActivePresentation Designer (available at http://www.activepresentation.com) to create the tree structure and links across the slides in your presentation. This adds a multi-levelled interactive non-linear menu bar (like a Web site) to the top or bottom of your slides and you can click on the items in the menu bar to jump to various slides in your presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceS View Post
I have been asked to create an interactive PPT lesson plan (I am a
teacher)presentation with website links. I know how to put links into a
powerpoint, but I am not sure what they mean by interactive other than
someone clicks on the links and the sites come up. Is there more to an
"interactive" presentation than that?