View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Experienced Member

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLOSM View Post
Hi,
I am pretty new to word for anything beyond writing a letter, my wife has a list of clients and for each one she has a folder with their basic info and some notes about their communications and whatnot.

These are real files real paper real folders, I told her let's get this all into the computer, I was wondering in word is there a way to make a master list of her clients and somehow make each of the clients have their own page of data/info.

Was thinking when you open the document you see the master list of say 23 clients, then somehow (maybe clicking) it would take you to that clients page of information.

I am not even sure if something like this could be done but figured this would be the place to ask,

Thanks for any help or info on how this might be able to be created.

Bill
There is another option where at the top of each client's page of data you use a Heading style for the title (e.g. type in Bob Smith's Data at the top of the page and press CTRL+ALT+1 to change it to Heading 1 style) and on the front page of the document you create a Table of Contents which will pick up the headings you have created throughout the document and allow you to click and jump to these pages.