View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Dec 2009
Default Restarting pagenumbering multiple times

I'm making a document in which multiple other documents are combined.
Between every document there is a section break next-page or odd-page, depending on which document follows.

Now every document needs its own page numbering.
I started at the bottom document (Doc1), this document contains a section break continuous on the first page. SO I made a textbox and put the anchor after the section break continuous. In the textbox I have page {page} of {sectionpages}. If I put the page number in the footer, section pages will not work correct. Because that is in the first section of that document, it will always be 1. Then I restarted the numbering so {page} will start at 1. On the following pages I just have page} of {sectionpages} in the footer and that works correct.

The document above that (Doc2) contains no page numbering on the first page, but I put page {page} of {sectionpages} on the second (and following) pages, in the header. I restarted numbering and that works. The end of this document contains a section break next page.

The document above that (Doc3) is one page, with a section break continuous on it, but this could become more pages. At the end of this document there's a section break odd page. As with Doc1 I put the page numbering on that first page in a textbox, and on the following pages in the footer, and I restarted numbering. This works correct.

The problem now is, that in Doc2 the {sectionpages} are wrong. They now show a number too much (4 instead of 3). When Doc3 gets longer then 1 page (the section break odd page gets to page 2 of that doc) the {sectionpages} in Doc2 work correct again (3).

How do I solve this? I guess the problem is two section breaks on the first page of Doc3, but they are necessary, so I can't remove them.