A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Outlook Today in Outlook Xp (2002)

Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:46 AM
12String
external usenet poster

Default Outlook Today in Outlook Xp (2002)

I need some input, fellow users! My church administration has asked me and my wife to help them migrate their WAB files to Outlook XP Contacts. While we've made some great progress, with JUST the contacts part of Outlook, I've gone one step further and have set up a separate .pst file so email, contacts, notes, etcetera will be available for them to use. I was able to get just about all the file folders duplicated (using my own .pst as a guide) and I've run up against the proverbial "brick wall" regarding the "Outlook Today" view in the .pst file I'm setting up for the church. There is none. Nor, can I find a way to make one up.
The file location for MY Outlook Today view is located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033 and I can browse to this point. It's what come next that's got me pulling my hair.
....\1033\outlwvw.dll\outlook.htm. I can browse to the .dll file, but I can't find the outlook.htm file. I've had the "Office Assistant" scour my computer, then changed the parameters to look deeper, and it did, and still returned no results. But the view shows up every time I open my Outlook.
I wouldn't think it'd be too much trouble to have my church folks have the same thing....
I really would like to have this "issue" ironed out on my computer so All I'd have to do is copy their.pst to the machine and copy file.htm to the proper directory/subdirectory and the church's Outlook will be ready to "rock on"... so to speak...!

Thanks, in advance, to the one or two of you users who've been here and can get me pointed in the right direction. I'll stop by in a day or two to read all the replies this post is going to get. (!)