A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Excel » Worksheet Functions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Signature question

Old July 29th, 2010, 05:00 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jul 2010
Default Signature question

I am trying to set up a workbook in Excel 2007 with multiple tabs and two signature lines at the bottom of each sheet. The idea is that my boss can read, sign and close my work as I complete it.

The problem is that each time you sign a tab/sheet, it converts the whole workbook to read-only.
I only want one tab/sheet as read only. In other words, as I complete Sheet A, he signs it and it converts Sheet A to read only, leaving B through Z open for additional work.
It will just be too much to have 100 separate workbooks for us to keep track of for this function.

I need any ideas I can explore. Thanks.
Old January 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Banned

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineT1 View Post
I am trying to set up a workbook in Excel 2007 with multiple tabs and two signature lines at the bottom of each sheet. The idea is that my boss can read, sign and close my work as I complete it.

The problem is that each time you sign a tab/sheet, it converts the whole workbook to read-only.
I only want one tab/sheet as read only. In other words, as I complete Sheet A, he signs it and it converts Sheet A to read only, leaving B through Z open for additional work.
It will just be too much to have 100 separate workbooks for us to keep track of for this function.

I need any ideas I can explore. Thanks.

Yes it is true that when we add digital signature to a document in excel sheet, it becomes read only file for the security reasons. And if some one want to manipulate the data he cant do that. So there is no option for you to edit the document after putting your signature in it.