A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Installation & Setup
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Outlook 2003 E-mail Security Update and Acrobat 6

Old June 18th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Diamonds_Mine
external usenet poster

Default Outlook 2003 E-mail Security Update and Acrobat 6

I have set up the security template in the public folder and have successfully gotten rid of the security prompt for e-mails sent via our Intranet. What is the setting in the security template to get rid of the prompt when sending an e-mail from Acrobat 6 (specially using the Send by e-mail for Review feature). Thank you.
Old June 18th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster

What programmatic settings did you set to "allow" in the template? Is Acrobat giving you an address book access prompt, a send prompt, or both?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

I have set up the security template in the public folder and have successfully gotten rid of the security prompt for e-mails sent via our Intranet. What is the setting in the security template to get rid of the prompt when sending an e-mail from Acrobat 6 (specially using the Send by e-mail for Review feature). Thank you.

Old June 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Diamonds_Mine
external usenet poster

The following are set:
Outlook Security Settings tab: "Miscellaneous Custom Form Settings - When executing a custom action via Outlook object model "Automatically approve; and When executing a custom action via Outlook object model "Automatically approve.

Programmatic Settings tab: The following are set to "Automatically approve" -- When sending items via Outlook object model, When sending items via CDO, When sending items via Simple MAPI, When accessing the address book via Outlook object model, and When accessing the address book via CDO.

Trusted Code tab: blank

The message that displays is "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?..."

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

What programmatic settings did you set to "allow" in the template? Is Acrobat giving you an address book access prompt, a send prompt, or both?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

Old June 18th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster

Add "When accessing address information" via Outlook and CDO. I believe this covers access to the HTMLBody and Body properties.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

The following are set:
Outlook Security Settings tab: "Miscellaneous Custom Form Settings - When executing a custom action via Outlook object model "Automatically approve; and When executing a custom action via Outlook object model "Automatically approve.

Programmatic Settings tab: The following are set to "Automatically approve" -- When sending items via Outlook object model, When sending items via CDO, When sending items via Simple MAPI, When accessing the address book via Outlook object model, and When accessing the address book via CDO.

The message that displays is "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?..."

Old June 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Diamonds_Mine
external usenet poster

Thank you Sue -- I changed those settings and I am still getting the prompt.

Add "When accessing address information" via Outlook and CDO. I believe this covers access to the HTMLBody and Body properties.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

The following are set:

Old June 18th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster

Try "Resolving names with Simple MAPI"

Basically, unless you can get Adobe to tell you what code they're using (unlikely), it's all a matter of experimentation to find the right setting. Note also that using the security settings form to open up the settings makes your users vulnerable to viruses and other malicious programs that might use similar code.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

The following are set:

Old June 18th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Diamonds_Mine
external usenet poster

Thank you Sue. That setting did it!

Basically, unless you can get Adobe to tell you what code they're using (unlikely), it's all a matter of experimentation to find the right setting. Note also that using the security settings form to open up the settings makes your users vulnerable to viruses and other malicious programs that might use similar code.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

The following are set:

Old June 18th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]
external usenet poster

Glad to hear it!
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

Thank you Sue. That setting did it!

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

"Diamonds_Mine" wrote:

The following are set: