A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Powerpoint, Publisher and Visio » Powerpoint
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

VBA resizing objects to same size

Old June 8th, 2011, 01:32 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jun 2011
Default VBA resizing objects to same size

Hi folks,
this issue has been in my head for a while. Let s say you have several objects: A, B, C, D (no matter if pictures or classic objects) and you want to resize objects B, C, D to the size of object A including formating and such. I haven't been able to figure out the way to do that, I've seen it in my former employer Office 2003 customized version.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Jakub
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Experienced Member

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub Klein View Post
Hi folks,
this issue has been in my head for a while. Let s say you have several objects: A, B, C, D (no matter if pictures or classic objects) and you want to resize objects B, C, D to the size of object A including formating and such. I haven't been able to figure out the way to do that, I've seen it in my former employer Office 2003 customized version.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Jakub
The following is based on PowerPoint, but I suspect it will be the same for all MS Office products. As I can't find an automated method to do this, the manual method to do this is to:
  • Click on object A (that you want all other objects to be the same as)
  • Double-click the Format Paintbrush button on the Home button bar
  • Click once on each of the objects B, C, D, etc that you wish to take on this format
  • Click on the Format Paintbrush button again to turn off the formatting
  • Click once on Object A again and on the Format button bar, take note of the Height and Width values in the Size grouping
  • Now, holding down CTRL or Shift, select objects B, C, D, etc
  • Type in the Height and Width values you noted assigned to object A
Now, as I said, this is the manual way. I haven't seen a one-button solution to this in my travels, but can create one for you if you think this is something that will save you a lot of time and effort in the future.