A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Access » Running & Setting Up Queries
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Days and dates query

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Experienced Member

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Mar 2005
Default Days and dates query

I am hoping someone can help me with this.

My database contains events/courses with a start date and an end date, the start date could be say 1/9/12 (UK dates) and the end date could be 1/8/13, the event might be an evening class which say starts at 16.30 and ends at 21.00 and runs every Monday. I am trying to get the database to display all of the events taking place within a particular week but it is showing me all the courses between the actual start and end dates.

I have this in my query (I tried to attach screen shots but they would not upload even though they were smaller than the upload limit)

=[Please enter a START date]
=[Please enter an END date]
=[Please enter a Start Time date]

When I run the query and put in start date as 26/11/12 and the end date as 27/11/12 and the start time as 16.00 is shows me records which can be any time and records which are not actually running on Monday 26/11 and Tuesday 27/11, I only want to see specific days.

How can I get Access to work out that I only want to see records which run on those days?

Thanks
Shirl