A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » Formatting Long Documents
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Insert Symbol Format Reversion (Arabic)

Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:59 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Oct 2010
Cool Insert Symbol Format Reversion (Arabic)

I am inserting a lot of symbols in a document, and have set the shortcut keys to all be combinations of the alt key + a letter: alt+d, alt+a, etc. There is one symbol (character code 00FE default shortcut alt+0254, "Latin small letter Thorn") which, every time I hit the shortcut (set to alt+p) key for it , a) does not appear and b) changes the language setting to Arabic. Something is inserted, because for however many times I hit the shortcut I will have to hit backspace that many times to get back to the previous letter.
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacinatee View Post
I am inserting a lot of symbols in a document, and have set the shortcut keys to all be combinations of the alt key + a letter: alt+d, alt+a, etc. There is one symbol (character code 00FE default shortcut alt+0254, "Latin small letter Thorn") which, every time I hit the shortcut (set to alt+p) key for it , a) does not appear and b) changes the language setting to Arabic. Something is inserted, because for however many times I hit the shortcut I will have to hit backspace that many times to get back to the previous letter.

I need to have country names on the left and percentages on the right.So my text is not always the same.I followed your instructions just to see if I could make you example work, but I couldn’t get it to work.
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekhasein View Post
I need to have country names on the left and percentages on the right.So my text is not always the same.I followed your instructions just to see if I could make you example work, but I couldn’t get it to work.
I am willing to work on the problems or consensus issues. However people keep saying there is no consensus, but they are unwilling to specify where is the no consensus. Please specify the problems and what your doubts are, so I will know which are in higher priority and focus my explanations on them. I will try to explain some of the reasons why I make the changes. Consensus and agreement could be made in this regard.