A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » Page Layout
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Easy Update "Table of Contents" feature in Microsoft Word 2007 VS. Word 2010

Old September 23rd, 2010, 02:47 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Sep 2010
Default Easy Update "Table of Contents" feature in Microsoft Word 2007 VS. Word 2010

I am currently working on a document that was written using Microsoft Word 2007 and I am also using Microsoft Word 2007 to update the document. It is just the way of the workplace I am now in.

I have noticed that the feature of adding nested headers ("subheaders" perhaps) does not work the same as I remember it did with Microsoft Word 2010. Since I am not the original author of the document, I am not sure if the table of contents was set up the right way. So my first question is: How do I see if the table of contents was set up properly in Microsoft Word 2007 to allow automatic updates whenever a subheader is added to the text. There seems to be a number of other things going on with the document that do not seem right. But maybe if we fix this problem first the other issues will dissolve or be lessened.