A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Powerpoint, Publisher and Visio » Visio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Shape protection and/or layer properties prevent the complete exec

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:01 PM
mryuck
external usenet poster

Default Shape protection and/or layer properties prevent the complete exec

Visio 2003
I put a "Title Block Large" from the "Title Block US Units" stencil on a new page for my diagram. I though it would be a good idea to put a logo (.jpg) picture file in the title block. It looks great but now I need to delete the picture in the title block. Visio will not allow me to do this. It give me the following error: "Shape protection and/or layer properties prevent the complete execution of this command".

I checked the shape protection for that shape and the title block and there is no protection enabled. Also, none of the layers are locked.

You can recreate this problem by putting a title block in a new drawing, opening the title blick for editing, and inserting a .jpg into the title block. Exit the title block, open the title block, and you can no longer delete the .jpg from the title block.