|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Table design help!
Fred - first off thank you for being so patient with me! I really do
appreciate all your help. In answer to your questions:
1. It's a bit difficult because I have so many different types of question
(yes/nos, multiple choice, multiple choice where they can choose more than
one answer or add their own answer, and open questions where they can write
whatever they want). The questionnaire is not designed brilliantly (don't
even get me started on that) so it's pretty difficult for any question to
make a list of allowable answers as people have written a whole bunch of
things. So I suppose what I'm saying is no, it's probably very rare that I
could anticipate and tell the database what the allowable answers are for
2. I think I do want it to know the "if then" linkages if that's possible?
3. No, it doesn't have to guide the person answering them. It'll be me
inputting the data and I quite honestly have dreams/nightmares about it so
I'm pretty sure I know inside out what comes next!
4. No, the participants will only take one survey. There are several fields
with information on the person.
5. No, I don't have a real world numbering system for the people. I'm not
worried about tracking the people (beyond being able to link them to their
questionnaire) so I hadn't thought about a numbering system.
6. There isn't a naming/numbering system for the questionnaires as such.
There are eleven different types of questionnaire (so I suppose I have names
for the category of questionnaire) but I hadn't made a filing system for them
yet. Our plan had been to number and file them according to the numbers used
7. The questions are numbered in real life but badly (some follow up
questions don't have a number). It isn't unique across all questions or even
the questionnaire itself (some questionnaires have 3 parts each with
I hope that's helped answer your questions and apologies if I've given long
winded/unclear answers to anything. Thanks again for all your help.
5. Do you already have a real-world numbering system for people (Like
6. Do your already have a real world naming or numbering system for the
7. Do you have a real world numbering system fo the questions. Is it
unique across ALL questions, oor just across the questions within on