A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Excel » General Discussion
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

pivot table data filter

Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:43 PM
pivot newbie
external usenet poster

Default pivot table data filter

Pivot experts,

I prepared a pivot table with several different summing data fields. If I view(filter) the pivot table with less than all the data fields, the unviewed fields drop off the table. I then need to rebuilt the table. Yet I can filter the column or row items, view the table, then select another filter for a different view. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that needs to be activated? I thought pivot tables were interactive--put all the data up, look at it one way, then look at it another.

Thanks for clarification.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:40 PM
Debra Dalgleish
external usenet poster

There's no Unhide option for the data fields. Once you uncheck a field,
it's removed from the pivot table. You can drag the field back in from
the field list.

pivot newbie wrote:
Pivot experts,

I prepared a pivot table with several different summing data fields. If I view(filter) the pivot table with less than all the data fields, the unviewed fields drop off the table. I then need to rebuilt the table. Yet I can filter the column or row items, view the table, then select another filter for a different view. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that needs to be activated? I thought pivot tables were interactive--put all the data up, look at it one way, then look at it another.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Old June 24th, 2004, 06:58 PM
pivot newbie
external usenet poster

Thanks Debra for the clarification. I wasn't sure if I was doing something to cause this behavior.

Pivot Newbie

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

There's no Unhide option for the data fields. Once you uncheck a field,
it's removed from the pivot table. You can drag the field back in from
the field list.

pivot newbie wrote:
Pivot experts,

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html