A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Outlook » Contacts
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Replacing Contacts folder

Old April 28th, 2004, 01:41 PM
John B
external usenet poster

Default Replacing Contacts folder

i have gone thorugh all the old post relating to updating contacts but to no avail...so apologies in advance if you have already answered this one else where.

We have an office in London and one in USA. We email by logging onto Citrix Sevrer which conects us to the USA email server. This works fine. The problem is the keeping contacts current. In London, we all use our Palm's to sinc with our LOCAL Outlook 2002. This acts as a back up for our contact info. We occassionally email our outlook.pst file to some IT support contractor who updates our contact info to our Outlook 2000 located on the the server in the US.

This is infuriating, as it sometimes takes weeks for this to be done! I have maged to export my contacts from LOCAL Outlook 2002 to a .pst file, but when opening these on the server Outlook 2000, it creates a Personal Folder extension.

My question.....how can I easily overwrite contacts in SERVER Outlook 2000 with contacts taken from LOCAL Outlook? To be able to do this myself wouold be great!

Thanks,

John