A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Word » Tables
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

marco for data transfer

Old July 20th, 2004, 04:53 PM
tomy
external usenet poster

Default marco for data transfer

hi folks
want to transfer some data located in Excel to a table in word by clicking the button.
to open the correct template is ok, afterwords have set a bookmark in the appropirate cell in the word table and now a can i move the pointer one cell further to fill data from the secend cell in Excel ? i'm confused about the correct method i should use. any help or ideas ?

regards tomy
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-
external usenet poster

Hi =?Utf-8?B?dG9teQ==?=,

want to transfer some data located in Excel to a table in word by clicking the button.
to open the correct template is ok, afterwords have set a bookmark in the appropirate cell in the word table and now a can i move the pointer one cell further to fill data from the secend cell in Excel ? i'm confused about the correct method i should use.

Best is to not move the "pointer" (cursor/insertion point), but to address the cells in the table directly. This is faster and more accurate.

Code example:
Dim tbl as Word.Table
Dim doc as Word.Document

Set doc = wordapp.Documents.Add("C:\test\test.dot")
Set tbl = doc.Tables(1)
tbl.Cells(1, 1).Range.Text = "text"

The first Cells index is the row index, the second the column index.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)