A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Office » General Discussions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

autofil form with content from database

Old February 14th, 2022, 09:42 AM

First recorded activity by OfficeFrustration: Feb 2022
Default autofil form with content from database

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing good
I need to build a web application to fill forms and save them as uneditable pdf files.
I have tried this and almost successfully done this, but i am facing an issue to which i cannot find a solution. And so i am looking for a new way to accomplish this.
heres what i did. I designed the form (tables, headers, boxes and stuff) in CorelDraw, which gives me very good control over the design aspect. I then took this design to acrobat dc and created form fields and customized the fields to my requirement. This turned out to be exactly what i wanted, ALMOST. I got my web developer to upload this pdf template and fill it with the required content from the database. and he did it. But heres the catch. acrobat dc form fields have limitations. The large text fields which will require multiline support dont end up as desired. The text is always top aligned and i havent found any solution to center align the text vertically and this is one of my requirements. And after investing so much time trying to get it working i guess i need to find a different approach.
is there a way i can achieve this with word or excel? my form contains 3 types of fields text, image and date fields. some of the fields are copies in different location (where data needs to be same). Alignment and formatting of text in the form fields is important. saving the end result in uneditable pdf format. autofilling the forms with content from the database.
I tried with Ms word, but form fields are not fixed size and they keep expanding as the text overflows. I guess i can set the character limit to fix the size but that is not a good solution. I want to fix the field size according to the document design.
please help me getting this done

Last edited by fowzan : February 14th, 2022 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added more information