A Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) forum. OfficeFrustration

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » OfficeFrustration forum » Microsoft Office » General Discussions
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Activation

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:11 PM
JoRene
external usenet poster

Default Activation

I have purchased Office 2003 for Students and Teachers and know it can be installed on 3 computers at my home. I am considering upgrading my laptop soon and wonder if I install Office on my current laptop, if I can then transfer the license to my new laptop when I get rid of my old one. I don't want to use up one of my 3 licenses if it will only be valid for a few months. Does anyone know if MS would authorize a 4th computer if one of the first 3 was discarded?

Thank you.
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Bob I
external usenet poster

Default Activation

As long as only 3 installs are concurrently on PC's you are in
compliance. You may have to resort to the telephone method of activation
but you are still legal.

JoRene wrote:

I have purchased Office 2003 for Students and Teachers and know it can be installed on 3 computers at my home. I am considering upgrading my laptop soon and wonder if I install Office on my current laptop, if I can then transfer the license to my new laptop when I get rid of my old one. I don't want to use up one of my 3 licenses if it will only be valid for a few months. Does anyone know if MS would authorize a 4th computer if one of the first 3 was discarded?

Thank you.

Old May 5th, 2004, 07:06 PM
JoRene
external usenet poster

Default Activation

Do you know how the telephone activation will know that you have gotten rid of your old computer? When I called the telephone line, it was done via touch tone and did not connect me to a real human who could make those decisions. Is there another number that can be called that would put me in touch with a human?

Thank You!